Thursday, June 05, 2008

Nicks Car Tips #11 - When am I due for service?

Have you ever wondered, "Just when is my car due for service?" It's not hard to lose track, with all the other demands for our time and attention these days.

In theory, it shouldn't be complicated, because the recommendation for most recent Lexus models is to bring them in every 6 months, or 5000 miles. But, with most things in life, there are exceptions. What about those of us who drive very little - or very much. My recommendation, next time you do bring your car in for service, ask your service advisor, "Based on how many miles I'm driving, and what you're seeing as the condition of my car, when should I bring my car in for service next." He or she may recommend coming in sooner or later than the normal guideline based on your individual situation.

One other thing that can help make it easy, make sure that our service department has all your latest contact information, including cell phones, addresses, and email. We can contact you in any and all of these ways to provide you with service reminders, as well as special offers and discounts. Let us do the leg work for you on helping you schedule taking care of your car.

Best wishes for safe driving!

Nick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Nick said...

Cianna - You're most kind. Thank you! Please let me know when ever you have other topics you'd like me to address.